Senior Industrial Designer Job Description:
The Engenious Senior Industrial Designer collaborates to create medical devices and technology systems that make the world a better place. A key team member who excels at designing physical systems that include electro-mechanical physical elements and embedded software. An expert at creating concepts and articulating them visually using a broad combination of hand-sketching, illustration and digital tools.
This position applies human factors principles, and systematic field study techniques to make recommendations based on data, observations and thoughtful analysis. This hands-on designer is an empathetic observer of people, workflows and technology. An insightful learner with natural curiosity, she or he has an uncanny ability to synthesize solutions that delight users and think outside the box to solve problems in unexpected, yet effective ways!
This senior individual is a leader; producing and mentoring with a blurry line between the two. He or she applies mature expertise to all assignments and interacts well with clients regularly. Expertly demonstrating Engenious’s core principles (and team expectations) as evaluated by leadership and peers.
- Apply a keen eye for design essentials, such as form, color, scale, and design trends
- Quickly create multiple high-quality visual design concepts based on project requirements and user insights
- Offer unique solutions which meet product strategy while branching into new ideas and concepts
- Collaborate with teams and clients, ensuring open lines of communication, integrating feedback in a positive way
- Plan and execute human factors studies, including in-person fieldwork that represents Engenious well
- Extract insights and synthesize solutions that win over clients, then test and refine with a sense of humility
- Develop concepts with beautiful sketches created quickly
- Expertly use digital tools including the Adobe creative suite and SolidWorks
- Learn about the medical device industry, or put your existing expertise to great use
- Work in a collaborative team of engineers, technicians, model maker and others
- Construct and test prototypes
- Apply risk management to medical systems
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.