The Engenious System Test Engineer is a core part of our design teams, responsible for leading thorough, evidence-based tests to ensure that critical systems are properly designed. System Testers develop test methods across all engineering disciplines, conducting software, electronics, and mechanical, and full integration testing.
- Lead the testing of complex systems including software, electronics, and mechanical subsystems
- Collaborate closely with Product Architects, Product/Project Managers, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineers to accomplish quick ad-hoc engineering testing, formal verification and validation testing, and production testing
- Contribute to the planning, design, optimization, and documentation of test plans, strategies, and setups based on written requirements
- Contribute to requirements review with a focus on testability, and integration and interface feedback
- Design and build fixtures for test and manufacturing use
- Maintain high attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills, striving for tactful, timely, and transparent communication
- Test & debug electronics with an oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator and other electronic lab equipment
- Efficiently create detailed test plans and protocols using a variety of templates and formats
- Provide feedback to cross-functional stakeholders on features that worked well, design elements that could be improved, and other creative solutions to design challenges
- Conduct test method validations when needed to ensure a high degree of quality
- Quickly switch focus from precise execution to creative problem solving
- Assist with root cause analysis of anomalies discovered during testing
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and professional work environment
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and speak to support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work collaboratively and transparently with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit the situation.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.