A Systems Engineer is a cross-functional technical leader focused on ensuring that our products meet the customer’s vision in addition to performance and regulatory requirements. This person works in close collaboration with the Project Manager and the engineering team to design advanced technology products and medical devices.
- Provide technical leadership and voice of customer input to project designers and engineers in collaboration with Engenious team
- Be the primary point of contact to customer and internal team for product cross-functional requirements and performance
- Create requirements, risk analyses, and architect electro-mechanical and embedded software system in collaboration with the project team
- Track technical issues (requirements/ performance/scope changes) and work to resolve with customer and project team
- Foster a collaborative, team problem-solving culture
- Demonstrate tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally)
- Cultivate a sense of urgency, importance and attention to detail across all aspects of our work
- Learn, and become conversant about medical device technology development
- Maintain team focus on the right things and change focus when necessary
- Keep all aspects of the project moving forward toward successful completion to meet budget and schedule goals
- Maintain healthy work/life balance
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment
- Be conversant about the medical device industry and advanced technology product development processes
- Become knowledgeable of medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work
- Make it happen, don’t just be there when it happens
- Be able to think on your feet
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally-aware
- Humble, but self-confident
- Internally-driven for productivity
- Adjust focus from design details to broad project goals as the situation requires
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspiration
RelateWe invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.
CreateWe create new things that improve lives.
ProduceWe work quickly to get what’s important done.
ImproveWe have healthy unrest with the status quo, and we take responsibility to make things better.