The Engenious Software Engineer designs well-crafted software for a variety of systems as part of our collaborative team of creative, hands-on engineers and designers.
- Architect and implement software systems to create compelling user experiences. Focus on embedded software written in C/C++ with occasional PC and mobile development using other languages as needed.
- Use a variety of embedded operating systems, libraries and development environments like Linux, Android, uCOS II and even systems without any operating system.
- Bring up microcontroller-based systems using debuggers, oscilloscopes, and other tools in tandem with supportive electrical engineers and technicians.
- Implement effective unit test and employ creative test methods to ensure quality software that meets documented requirements.
- Help establish and maintain embedded software development tools, equipment, software, infrastructure and process.
- Identify and implement a variety of software process improvements with our team.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and speak to support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit the situation.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.