Design Project Manager Job Description:
The Engenious Project Manager is a leader who plans and organizes cross-functional engineering design team to ensure products meet our customer’s vision, goals and objectives while also being profitable to Engenious. This individual is responsible for autonomous leadership and vision setting for all aspects of a project. Project Managers act as a stabilizing, collaborative and forward-thinking influence amidst the ups and downs of product development.
- Coordinate the work of designers and engineers in collaboration with Engenious principals, team leads and systems engineers.
- Foster a collaborative, problem-solving culture that inspires and encourages the team.
- Demonstrate self-control, tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people; continually navigating conflict and working towards resolution.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, being self-aware and others-aware to adapt to a variety of communication styles (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Be a key point of contact for clients and partners. Schedule and lead status update meetings.
- Participate in business development activities for the organization.
- Develop project proposals and project plans.
- Partner well with team leads and other Project Managers to effectively allocate and align resources to move all projects in the company forward efficiently.
- Able to execute all aspects of the project coordinator position and act as a mentor to project coordinators.
This position requires 3-5 years of product design/development project management experience. If an individual does not have this level of experience, they can be considered for a project coordinator role, but not a project management role.
Design Project Coordinator Job Description:
The Engenious Project Coordinator is an instrumental team member focused on assisting and administering all aspects of important projects; coordinating a collaborative team of engineering and technical experts designing advanced technology products and medical devices.
- Coordinate the work of designers and engineers in collaboration with Engenious principals and project managers.
- Assist cross-functional team with administrative tasks related to product development, such as invoicing, metrics tracking, component management, ordering, shipping and receiving.
- Engage in a collaborative, team problem-solving culture.
- Demonstrate tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Be a point of contact for clients and partners.
- Execute project plans.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry and advanced technology product development processes.
- Become knowledgeable of medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Internally-driven for productivity.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
RelateWe invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.
CreateWe create new things that improve lives.
ProduceWe work quickly to get what’s important done.
ImproveWe have healthy unrest with the status quo, and we take responsibility to make things better.