Product Manager Job Description
The Engenious Product Manager is a quick study who works with clients and end-users to understand and articulate user needs, then distills actionable requirements that guide design, while also navigating complex trade-offs. The Product Manager is a scrappy, user-focused collaborator responsible for answering “what should we make”. Product Managers work alongside design teams who are creating next-generation medical devices and high technology systems – physical products that make the world better.
- Achieve client’s product goals and ensure a great client experience.
- Plan and conduct competitor research, surveys, test microsites, field research, and Lean Startup methodologies to validate markets for new products.
- Key client contact for establishing specifications, requirements and system behavior.
- Provide empathetic, end user perspective input to project designers and engineers.
- Plan and employ human factors and usability engineering practices to understand and document user needs, intended uses, risks, and workflows – with an eye on industry standards and innovations.
- Create product roadmaps, system specifications, and collaboratively establish requirements to an engineering level of detail. Manage requirements changes.
- Become an expert in product-specific technical standards relevant to each product.
- Participate or lead development of product risk management in collaboration with the Product Architect and team.
- Coordinate, plan and participate in system-level testing according to medical device regulation and industry standards.
- Maintain the highest levels of quality and efficiency for all project aspects.
- Cultivate a sense of urgency, importance and attention to detail across all aspects of our work.
- Foster a collaborative, team problem-solving culture.
- Demonstrate self-control, tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people and situations; navigating conflict, ambiguity, change, and facilitating positive resolution.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Keep all aspects of the project moving forward toward successful completion to meet budget and schedule goals.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and speak to support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however, Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.