Product Architect Job Description
The Engenious Product Architect is an engineering leader who collaborates with clients and the Engenious team to create medical devices and advanced technology systems. The Architect designs at the system level while also contributing on detailed technical issues across disciplines. The Architect is a mature, stabilizing, innovative, forward-thinking influence amidst ambiguity and change encountered during product development. The Engenious Product Architect is a cross-functional technical leader focused on answering “how should we make it?”
- Achieve client’s product goals and ensure a great client experience.
- Interact with clients as the key technical contact, in collaboration with the team.
- Create systems that are safe and effective with excellent end-user experiences.
- Establish device specifications and requirements to an engineering level of detail (collaborate with Product Manager), consistent with medical device regulation and industry standards. Manage requirements changes.
- Refines high level system requirements into detailed actionable requirements at the subsystem level.
- Architect engineering solutions for complex electro-mechanical, pneumatic, fluidic, optical, embedded software and other systems in collaboration with the project team.
- Coordinate among subsystems and drive closure of technical issues.
- Provide technical leadership to designers and engineers.
- Become an expert in product-specific technical standards relevant to each product.
- Develop state transition diagrams and user interface design specifications in collaboration with the project team.
- Coordinate and participate in system-level testing, integration testing and validation testing according to medical device regulation and industry standards.
- Review verification and validation procedures and results with an eye towards adequacy, correctness, and completeness.
- Lead technical risk management activities in collaboration with the team.
- Contribute to algorithm development and system capabilities analysis.
- Cultivate a sense of urgency, importance and attention to detail across all aspects of our work
- Foster a collaborative, team problem-solving culture and lead solving complex technical issues.
- Demonstrate self-control, tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people and situations; navigating conflict, ambiguity, change, and facilitating positive resolution.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Keep all aspects of the project moving forward toward successful completion to meet budget and schedule goals.
- Mentor engineers and Engenious team members.
- Cultivate customer relationships with engineering and technical teams.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and speak to support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however, Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.