The Engenious Product Architect is an engineering leader who collaborates with clients and the Engenious team to create medical devices and advanced technology systems. The Architect designs at the system level while also contributing on detailed technical issues across disciplines. The Architect is a mature, stabilizing, innovative, forward-thinking influence in the midst of ambiguity and change encountered during product development. The Engenious Product Architect is a cross-functional technical leader focused on answering “how should we make it?”
- Architect engineering solutions for complex electro-mechanical, pneumatic, fluidic, optical, embedded software and other systems in collaboration with the project team.
- Interact with clients as the key technical contact creating great client experiences and achieving client goals.
- Provide technical leadership to designers and engineers, coordinating to solve cross-functional technical challenges.
- Foster a collaborative, team problem-solving culture and lead solving complex technical issues.
- Create systems that are safe and effective with excellent end-user experiences.
- Establish and maintain requirements consistent with medical device regulation and industry standards.
- Become conversant in product-specific technical standards relevant to each product.
- Develop state transition diagrams and user interface design specifications in collaboration with the project team.
- Coordinate and participate in system-level testing, integration testing and validation testing according to medical device regulation and industry standards.
- Lead technical risk management activities in collaboration with the team.
- Contribute to algorithm development and system capabilities analysis.
- Cultivate a sense of urgency, importance and attention to detail across all aspects of our work
- Demonstrate self-control, tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people and situations; navigating conflict, ambiguity, change, and facilitating positive resolution.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Keep all aspects of the project moving forward toward successful completion to meet budget and schedule goals.
- Mentor engineers and Engenious team members.
- Maintain Professional Relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the Collective Good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and Speak to Support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work Collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally Driven for productivity.
- Maintain a Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Makes It Happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to Think on Her/His Feet
- Self-Aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust Focus on Detail or broader view to suit the situation.
- Be Conversant about the Medical Device Industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work Within Schedule and Budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
RelateWe invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.
ImproveWe have healthy unrest with the status quo, and we take responsibility to make things better.