This is a customizable position for a senior electrical engineer looking to retool, not retire. The ideal candidate has spent their full-time career as an electronics designer. At Engenious Design, an Electrical Engineer architects, designs, builds and tests complex electronics and embedded microcontroller systems as a part of our collaborative team of creative, hands-on engineers and designers.
This position is an active team member designing and mentoring with a blurry line between the two. We offer flexibility on the number of hours required based upon individual availability and any unique requirements for work/life balance.
- Serve as a technical leader on projects and a technical mentor for the team.
- Develop and grow client relationships as a key point of technical contact
- Architect, design, build, document and test complex embedded electronic and microcontroller systems.
- Expertly design high-speed digital, power supply, motor control, analog and RF circuits
- Develop new product concepts, working closely with industrial designers, mechanical engineers, prototype model makers, technicians and others.
- Evaluate concepts and design elements using electrical engineering fundamentals including tolerance analysis, spice modeling.
- Build, debug and test prototypes Develop and execute test plans to meet standards and customer requirements.
- Apply risk management to electrical systems.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to employ expert-level knowledge on medical device industry standards and regulations
- Implement and improve processes relating to electrical engineering
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and speak to support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit the situation.
- Ideally: Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however, Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspiration
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.