The Engenious Mechanical Engineer is responsible for complex mechanical designs. They work closely with our industrial designers, electrical engineers, and prototype shop to conceptualize, design, and test fully-functional electro-mechanical designs and prototypes.
- Architect, design, build, document and test complex mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Lead the development of new product concepts, working closely with industrial designers, electrical engineers, prototype model makers, technicians and others.
- Confidently create electromechanical mechanisms, motion and fluid control systems, and device enclosures, combining existing expertise with rapidly acquired product-specific knowledge.
- Expertly designing plastic and sheet metal parts and assemblies using expert knowledge of design for manufacturability principals.
- Rapidly create 3D models in SolidWorks ranging from quick concepts to production-level parts and assemblies using good modeling practices
- Collaborate on product specifications and requirements to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials and manufacturing methods, and establish acceptable performance standards.
- Comfortably use mechanical engineering fundamentals to evaluate concepts and design elements such as statics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
- Analyze and document key mechanical system characteristics, including tolerance stake-up analyses, thermal performance models, mechanism motion properties, or dynamic fluid pressure/flow. Perform complex calculations, analyses, and testing to verify assumptions.
- Hands-on construction and testing of prototypes using 3D printers, shop tools, and selected suppliers.
- Create and execute test plans ranging from quick-and-dirty proof-of-concept testing to formal medical device verification and validation, using an appropriate level of documentation and test fixture design.
- Participate in discussions with Engenious clients to understand the market needs, medical procedure details, relevant anatomical/physiological concepts, and to present mechanical design concepts and updates.
- Document designs by creating detailed mechanical drawings, assembly instructions, theory-of-operation descriptions, and other documentation common in medical device design.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspiration
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.