Elementary Learning Assistant Job Description:
Engenious Elementary Learning Assistants help us make the world a better place by planning, facilitating, overseeing and coaching a small number (maximum 10, typically 5 or fewer students) of elementary-age children in school-assigned online/remote learning. The Engenious Elementary Learning Assistants are a creative and flexible team working hands-on at the Engenious Design center. We are seeking learning assistants interested in part-time, flexible hours to supplement our program.
Engenious Design is a creative product development firm specializing in electronic medical device design. Our team includes Electrical, Embedded Software, Mechanical and Test Engineers, Industrial, Interaction and Graphic Designers, as well as others; together creating medical devices and advanced technology products.
At Engenious we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters; including care for team members with school-aged children. We are in unprecedented times with anticipation of online learning requirements for elementary-age children that will require facilitation, oversight and coaching for the 2020-21 school year.
- Facilitate, oversee and coach elementary age children (between Kindergarten and 6th grade) to complete online learning requirements. Curriculum and educational requirements will be specified by the school in which the student is enrolled.
- Assist students with setup and troubleshooting of school-provided devices used for access to online learning resources, such as iPads, Android tablets and laptops.
- Coordinate schedules with parents
- Organize and monitor lessons, materials and equipment.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Organize safe physical and group activities outside assigned online learning requirements, but within the Engenious facility to be approved by the Lead Elementary Learning Assistant and Operations Director.
- Collaborate with Lead Elementary Learning Assistant and Operations Director to follow established safety procedures.
- Engaging, fun and energetic with enthusiasm for children; willing to think outside the box.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant, professional caregiver, or similar role.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
- Compassionate and positive attitude. Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work for the collective good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Will be required to wear a mask for indoor activities and follow handwashing and other best practices from the CDC.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Background check required.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspirations
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.