The Engenious Electrical Engineer has a passion for product development and experience in taking a product from conception through manufacture. This individual will create analog and digital circuits, including high power amplifiers, sensitive filters, efficient power supplies, robust communications links, and high speed digital circuits to make products work like magic. They take pride in cramming electronics into tight spots, working closely with our mechanical engineers. Many of our designs have complex electronics at their heart, and Engenious Electrical Engineers make it happen.
This person may be a mid-level design engineer growing in experience and skill, a highly-skilled senior engineer focused on designing electronics, a hands-on designer/leader who spends equal time mentoring engineers and designing electronics or even an electrical group lead with management responsibilities for our growing electrical team. We look forward to learning about you, your goals, your skills and how they could fit into the stellar Engenious Electrical Team!
- Architect, design, build, document and test complex embedded electronic and microcontroller systems.
- Expertly design high-speed digital, power supply, motor control, analog and RF circuits
- Lead the development of new product concepts, working closely with industrial designers, mechanical engineers, prototype model makers, technicians and others.
- Evaluate concepts and design elements using electrical engineering fundamentals including tolerance analysis, spice modeling.
- Build, debug and test prototypes Develop and execute test plans to meet standards and customer requirements.
- Apply risk management to electrical systems.
- Serve as a senior technical leader on projects
- Develop and grow client relationships as a key point of technical contact
- Employ expert-level knowledge on medical device industry standards and regulations
- Implement and improve processes relating to electrical engineering
- Maintain healthy work/life balance
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment
- Be conversant about the medical device industry and advanced technology product development processes
- Become knowledgeable of medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work
- Make it happen, don’t just be there when it happens
- Be able to think on your feet
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally-aware
- Humble, but self-confident
- Internally-driven for productivity
- Adjust focus from design details to broad project goals as the situation requires
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and like working with a highly-engaged team of sharp people.
We recognize that top talent comes from all over the world, however Engenious Design is unable to offer visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.
Our Team Is Marked By These Four Cultural Aspiration
- We invest in healthy relationships with our team, clients, suppliers, partners, and our community.