The Engenious Cybersecurity Software Engineer ensures that devices designed at Engenious are compliant with FDA cybersecurity requirements and practical cybersecurity considerations. This team member is methodical and detailed oriented but remains pragmatic to right-size solutions. A hands-on engineer who works closely with the design team to implement mitigations. The engineer is a thought leader who engages topics, best practices and other thought leaders as Cybersecurity develops over time.
- Knowledgeable on FDA requirements for cybersecurity; ensures compliance of the process for devices designed.
- Works with design team to provide cybersecurity focused input to the system architecture.
- Leads the risk analysis for cybersecurity; knows the intended uses of the end device and determines appropriate requirements.
- Assists product development team in implementing cybersecurity mitigations.
- Implementation responsibilities include:
- Customize Windows and Linux for security
- Develop firmware for Secure Boot, Secure Firmware Update
- Implement device encryption for data at rest and in transit
- Develop servers and applications to manage encryption keys and signing
- General software development skills to implement device features (e.g. user authentication, password checks, privilege levels)
- Helps the test team create useful test cases for cybersecurity.
- Generates end-user documentation for cybersecurity (e.g. CBOM, integration instructions).
- Maintain Professional Relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance, and work environment.
- Work for the Collective Good, giving others the benefit of the doubt.
- Act and Speak to Support rather than inhibit or sabotage others (clients, teammates, external partners).
- Work Collaboratively with a Sense of Urgency, ownership, and attention to detail.
- Internally Driven for productivity.
- Maintain a Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Makes it Happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to Think on Her/His Feet
- Self-Aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Adjust Focus on Detail or broader view to suit the situation.
- Be Conversant about the Medical Device Industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Work Within Schedule and Budget Constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.